Now Enrolling! The Environmental Health Research Institute for Nurse and Clinician Scientists™ (EHRI-NCS) 2023 Cohort
Do you educate, train, or mentor nurse scientists? Want to advance research methods in environmental health? This tuition-free, NIH/NIEHS funded workshop is for you! APPLY HERE.
Using a train-the-trainer approach, we welcome PhD, DNP, MD, PharmD, EdD, equivalent doctorate prepared and graduate student participants who are educating/will educate nurse scientists.
Participants will have a year-long opportunity to learn with
- Julie Postma, PhD, RN, College of Nursing, Washington State University
- Dr. Barbara Polivka, PhD, RN, FAAN, University of Kansas Medical Center School of Nursing
- Dr. Lisa M. Thompson, PhD, RN, FNP, FAAN, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing and Rollins School of Public Health Department of Environmental Health, Emory University
- Dr. Azita Amiri, PhD, RN, College of Nursing, University of Alabama in Huntsville and Bloomberg Fellow in the American Health Initiative at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Dr. Jeannie Rodriguez, PhD, RN, APRN, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University
- Dr. Luz Huntington-Moskos, PhD, RN, CPN, School of Nursing, University of Louisville
- Dr. Kamal Eldeirawi, PhD, RN, FAAN, College of Nursing, University of Illinois, Chicago
- Dr. Katie Huffling, DNP, RN, CNM, FAAN, Alliance of Nurses for Health Environments
- Jessica Castner, PhD, RN-BC, FAEN, FAAN, Castner Incorporated
EHRI-NCS is a flipped classroom, train-the-trainer and mentorship program.
- March 1, 2022 – Self-paced pre-recorded didactic material open in the virtual classroom (9, 60-90 minute sessions plus bonus in-depth optional material)
- June 2023 Real-time Workshop (5 days, currently planned for June 12-14 at Emory University with additional 2 virtual days. Finalized June schedule forthcoming)
- June-November, 2023 Individualized Mentorship and Networking
- 2024 and beyond, engage with us for future cohorts
Hosted by Castner Incorporated in partnership with Emory University, Washington State University, and University of Alabama at Huntsville (A personal gmail may be required by participants to access some shared content).
Please fill out the “Contact” form at https://castnerincorporated.com/ with your questions or comments.
Here is the application link again: https://forms.gle/r8jCxjAYygqYG97N6
- Applicants Accepted on a Rolling Basis
- Last date to Apply: January 31, 2023
- Applicants will be notified of acceptance monthly and no later than by February 20
We are committed to diversity and inclusion for those who are under-represented in US Biomedical, Clinical, Behavioral, and Social Sciences. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Our application includes optional questions to support our accountability to our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
This workshop is supported by the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences of the National Institutes of Health under award number R25ES033452 (PI: Castner). The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the National Institutes of Health.