This August, ANHE is hosting a month of action to call for big and bold investments in climate solutions. Investing in solutions such as 100% clean energy by 2035 dramatically reduces air pollution, improves public health, and advances environmental justice. As members of Congress are returning to their home districts this is an opportune time to share why addressing the climate crisis is important to you.
Will you join our urgent call for Congress and the Biden administration to prioritize investments in clean energy, healthy communities, and equitable climate solutions?
To kick off the August Month of Action, we’re hosting a Webinar: Mobilizing for Action – Nurses’ Advocacy Training for Climate & Health Equity THIS WEDNESDAY, July 28th at 2pm ET. We’ll discuss upcoming opportunities to advance just and equitable climate policy. Following the advocacy training webinar, ANHE staff will be hosting two advocacy office hours for the ANHE community on August 3rd at 3 pm ET and August 11th at 12 pm ET. These sessions are open to all (season or novice advocates) and will be geared towards answering any questions you have about being a nurse advocate. Register for the webinar and for one of the sessions below.
Throughout the month, ANHE will be sharing ways for nurses to get involved in advocacy activities, such as meeting with your elected officials, adding your name to a sign-on letter, or sharing your story via social media. Elected officials need to hear from nurses!
The time is now to invest in building healthy communities and advancing equitable climate policies. Here are actions nurses can take during the August month of action:
- Call your Senator (1-877-215-0983) and your Representative (1-866-648-0359) to urge that Congress pass a bill that makes the big, bold, and ambitious investments needed to tackle the climate crisis, achieve true environmental justice, and accelerate the transition to clean energy.
- Meet virtually or in-person with your elected officials
- Submit a letter to the editor or opinion editorial on climate and health
- Utilize this social media toolkit to engage in social media advocacy: https://spark.adobe.com/page/BVQL5obXIw2ZZ
- Sign the petition in support of 100% clean energy
Are you interested in participating in the ANHE Advocacy Month of Action? Fill out this form so that we can help support you in taking action: https://forms.gle/kqbM1ixzQCqrC2Y46